Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegetarian friendly
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 500g grated zucchini
- 250g peeled and grated sweet potato
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut or olive oil (for cooking)
- Add grated zucchini and grated sweet potato to a colander, add a pinch of sea salt, mixing through the zucchini and sweet potato. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, then squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible.
- Add to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients (except the coconut oil), mixing thoroughly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on moderate heat. Using a soup spoon, scoop out a heaped spoon of the fritter mixture and place in the fry pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don't touch. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until lightly golden and drain on paper towels, repeating until you use up all the fritter mixture. More coconut oil may be required in between batches.
- Serve hot for dinner or cold as leftovers with a salad for lunch the following day!