Serves up to 5 people
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 4-6 pieces of cod fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter (can swap for dairy free alternative)
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour (can swap out for preferred flour e.g. GF all purpose)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
2. Mix together in a shallow bowl, lemon juice, olive oil and melted butter then set aside
3. In another shallow bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, spices, salt and pepper together. Set aside next to the lemon mixture
4. Pat the fish dry with a paper towel, dip the fish into the lemon sauce, then into the flour mixture, shaking off any excess flour and reserve the lemon sauce for later. Continue to cover fish fillets until all are completed.
5. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron pan or oven safe pan over medium-high heat. Ensure the oil is shimmering, not smoking, then add fish and sear on both sides to give it some colour (approximately 2 minutes on each side) but not to completely cook through, and remove from pan. Place fish either on a baking tray, oven safe dish or pan.
6. Now add the minced garlic to the remainder of the lemon sauce and mix through. Drizzle over the fish fillets.
7. Bake in the heated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork (should be ready after 10 minutes but check beforehand). Remove from heat and serve immediately with a fresh salad or vegetable dish