Serves: 4, Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chilli powder or 1 small fresh chilli (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 medium-large carrot, grated
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 250g grass fed beef mince (or any alternative preference of mince)
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g tomato puree
- 400g cooked red kidney beans (or any bean of preference)
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 lime
Method:1. Finely dice onion, carrot and celery and then saute in a fry pan with olive oil until vegetables are softened.
2. Add spices and mince into the pan and cook through until browned, approximately 5 minutes
3. Add the capsicum, tomato paste and tomato puree, pouring through 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes until mixture thickens.
4. Season with salt and pepper, coriander or spring onions and some lime to serve.
5. Can be served in bowls with a fresh salad and avocado, in burritos, tacos or nachos or on a bed of rice and enjoy!