Serves: 1, Total Time: overnight - least 6 hours) Prep time: 10 minutes
- 50 g oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 shot of espresso (or 1 tsp of espresso)
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 180ml of milk (we used almond milk)
- 100g yoghurt (coconut or greek yoghurt, whatever your preference)
- Cacao powder/cacao nibs for topping
- Can also add banana, coconut flakes or nut butter if desired
Method:1. Add the oats, chia seeds, espresso, salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and milk into a sealable container. Stir well to combine and then pop the lid on and place in the fridge to set overnight.
2. In the morning, remove the oats from the fridge and give them a stir. Layer the oats in a mason jar with the yoghurt (one layer of oats, another layer of yoghurt). You can also add in sliced banana, cacao nibs or nut butter in layers. Repeat the layers and finish with a dusting of cacao powder and more cacao nibs. Serve immediately and enjoy!