Think, Nan or Grandma's rum ball recipe but make it vegan. This recipe makes roughly 32 balls. DF, GF, Vegan friendly (of course!)
- 250g of plain GF biscuits (Can be arrowroot)
- 210g tin of coconut condensed milk
- 150g of dried cranberries (or preferred dried fruit)
- 50g of desiccated coconut (plus a little more if you want to roll the balls in it)
- 80ml rum (we used Bundaberg Coffee & Chocolate rum liqueur which gives it a nice coffee/chocolate flavour, but plain rum will work well)
- 35g cacao or cocoa powder
1. Chop dried fruit and soak in rum
2. After the fruit has plumped up, it can be removed from the rum and set aside.
3. In a food processor, blitz the biscuits. Alternatively, you can smash them in their packet or in a snap lock bag with a rolling pin until they are finely crumbed.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together until a thick mixture is formed.
5. Using one teaspoon of the mixture at a time, roll them into balls and coat with either desiccated coconut or raw cacao powder. (This is the messiest part!)
6. Place them on a large flat tray or container and allow them to set in the fridge for at least an hour. They can also be placed in the freezer to harden.
7. If stored in an air-tight container in the fridge/freezer, these rum balls will last a few weeks