Time: 30-40 minutes
⊕ 200g Pad Thai rice noodles
⊕ 200g cubed firm tofu
⊕ 2 tbsp sesame oil
⊕ 2 tsp chopped garlic
⊕ 1 tsp red chilli (optional)
⊕ 1/4 cup sliced onion
⊕ 1/2 cup sliced capsicum
⊕ 1/2 cup bean sprouts
⊕ 1/4 cup boiled broccoli florets
⊕ 1 medium carrot sliced diagonally
⊕ 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
⊕ 2 tbsp chopped coriander
⊕ 3 tbsp chopped spring onions
⊕ juice of 1/2 lemon
Pad Thai sauce:
⊕ 1 tsp tamarind paste
⊕ 3 tsp water
⊕ 4 tsp dark/6 tsp light soy sauce
⊕ 1 tsp sriracha
⊕ 1 tsp brown sugar
⊕ 1/4 tsp salt
- Cook rice noodles as per pack instructions until soft and tender. Rinse with water, drizzle with a little olive oil to keep separated and set aside until ready to use.
- Wash and chop all vegetables and tofu according to ingredients list and crush peanuts.
- To prepare the pad thai sauce, mix the tamarind paste, water, soy sauce, sriracha, brown sugar and salt
- In a large wok or fry pan, on medium heat, add sesame oil and cook the cubed tofu until light brown, set aside
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsps of sesame oil, garlic, chillies and onions and saute for about 2 minutes until aromatic and brown.
- Add capsicum and carrots and cook for another 2-3 minutes then add the broccoli, bean sprouts and sauteed tofu back into the pan.
- Add the cooked rice noodles and pad thai sauce and combine it altogether. Careful not to over stir the mixture as the noodles will break apart easily. Once combined, add chopped coriander, crushed peanuts, spring onions and wedges of lemon and serve!