- 1 large sized beetroot, scrubbed
- 1 large can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini, well mixed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup ricotta
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or smashed to a paste with flat side of knife on cutting board
- 1 teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
- 10 cranks freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- Mint leaves, poppy seeds, and olive oil (for serving)
Preheat oven to 425°. Wrap beet tightly in foil and place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast until the tines of a fork slide easily into the center of beet, 60–70 minutes. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
Meanwhile, process chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, ricotta, garlic, salt, pepper, and coriander in a food processor until smooth.
Using a paper towel, rub beet to remove skin (it should slip off easily and any staining to your hands will be temporary). Trim root end and cut beet into 8 pieces; add to food processor. Process until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl. Top with mint and poppy seeds and drizzle with oil.
Do Ahead: Hummus can be made 4 days ahead; transfer to an airtight container and chill.