- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion or yellow onion, diced
- 400g fresh or canned tomatoes, diced
- Sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 454g canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons garam masala – I use this one
- 1 teaspoon curry powder I use this one
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 380g can coconut milk
- 1 small lime, (juice of)
- 120g baby spinach
In a deep pot over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil.
Add in the onions and tomatoes. Grind some sea salt and ground black pepper over the mixture and stir together. Lower heat to medium and allow to cook down until juices of the tomatoes are naturally released and onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
Add in the chickpeas, garlic, garam masala, curry powder and cumin. Stir to combine.
Add in the coconut milk and stir again. Bring the curry to a boil, stir in the spinach and then reduce to medium-low so that the mixture continues to simmer for 10 to 12 more minutes.
Taste the curry and season with salt and pepper if you desire. Remove the curry from the heat and squeeze a lime lightly over the top of the curry, stirring to combine. Don’t skip this step!! Allow to cool slightly and then serve. Enjoy!