- 6 eggs
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 x 400g can whole tomatoes, roughly chopped. Or diced.
- 1 x brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1 x red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 2 x cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of Italian (flat leaf) parsley or coriander, to serve.
- Sourdough or bread of choice, to serve.
Heat a large frying pan and add 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil, over medium heat. Add the brown onion and capsicum and cook until soft (10-15 minutes). Add garlic for 1-2 minutes. Stir in spices (cumin, paprika and cayenne) for 1 minute. Pour in tomatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Let simmer until tomatoes are thickened (10-12 minutes). Stir in feta.
Gently crack each egg over the tomatoes, evenly spacing them in the frying pan. Season with sea salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until eggs are set (7-10 minutes).
Serve with sourdough or bread of your choice, sprinkled with parsley or coriander.